Black-sand beaches. Whitewashed buildings perched cliffside above an impossibly blue sea. Romance in paradise. World famous sunsets over the Caldera. This may seem like a dream, but wake up, smell the Gyros, and book your ticket straight to Santorini – one of my favorite islands in the world! I smile whenever I think of it, and recommend it to everyone I come across who hasn’t been there yet. I considered it to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Where we stayed:
Chromata Hotel (http://www.chromata-santorini.com)
- Five Star Luxury Hotel with an incredible, friendly staff
- Travelers’ Choice 2013 Winner for Small Hotels
- Only 22 suites giving it a romantic and private feel
- Gorgeous infinity pool looking over the Caldera at the highest point of the island
- Suites are built right on the cliff-side, dug out of the rock, with cave-dwelling type rooms
- Cell phone provided for local calls and information 24/7 or to call hotel for any questions
- Gourmet breakfast/lunch/dinner served on the private balcony with a breathtaking view
- Pool side cocktail bar
- Located less than 2 miles away from Fira town, Santorini’s capital
- Only 5 miles away from the Airport
And don’t just take my word for it – Click Here
Pictures will not do this place and its views justice, but I feel that’s the only way I can even start to describe it’s beauty. They say a picture speaks a thousand words, but these pictures make you speechless! Okay, okay! Talk is cheap, so I will back up my words with visual proof. Enjoy!